When deciding which university to attend for the following four years, it really is so valuable to visit the educational college you’re considering, if possible. I remember visiting numerous schools throughout the spring of my senior year and trying to imagine myself as a pupil on each campus. Exactly What would I eat at the hall that is dining? Where would my classes be located? Who would my classmates, shmoop pro roommates, and friends be? For me, it finally clicked when I found a campus that i possibly could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and nevertheless be myself. I encourage all of our admitted students to take advantageous asset of our admitted student programs throughout this month that is next try to envision exactly what your USC experience might be like.
Even although the National Candidate Reply Date isn’t until might 1, we curently have pupils asking, ‘Where do we sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and ideally when) you choose to come to USC, here is an outline of the steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on line at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for educational funding, if you have not already. Visit the Financial Aid section of our internet site for lots more information regarding how to apply for financial aid.
- Submit your Housing application by might 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you presented your application, thus there is a better chance to getting the kind of housing you want the sooner you apply. Even if you are perhaps not 100% sure you are coming to USC next year, it is possible to submit the housing application and $45 fee to hold your spot in line.
- Sign up to attend Orientation over the summertime. Orientation is a chance that is great spending some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and opportunities you will have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you are going to additionally register for courses with a scholastic advisor. You shall be able to join an Orientation program 5 7 business days after you submit your commitment deposit.
- Forward in your last school that is high and AP/IB exam results. USC awards college credit for most AP examinations with a rating of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for each score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB higher rate exams. Browse our Office of Articulation website to see exactly which type of credit USC grants for the various AP and IB exams.
If you have concerns which are not covered in your admission packet or on our site or blog, please contact your admission counselor. We are thrilled to help answr fully your questions and can not wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what exactly does which means that?
For starters, we’ve more international students than any institution that is private the country (15% in last year’s freshman class!). We believe that having students from different countries around the world contributes to a learning that is positive by allowing for various viewpoints and viewpoints to be highlighted in the class.
Certain courses themselves are even created around providing pupils with the opportunity to connect to pupils from other countries. A top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software for example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM.
USC also ranks sixth within the nation for sending pupils abroad. We offer 54 programs in 29 nations, on every continent except Antarctica (maybe someday!) Students can go abroad for a entire year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. If you don’t want to remain away from USC for too long, we additionally offer many summer programs. For instance, freshmen in the Marshall School of Business are able to satisfy leaders in worldwide business by traveling abroad for a program that is 10-daypast locations have included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can enhance their Spanish language abilities by spending a summer coping with a number family and using courses in Madrid, Spain. To find out more about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students can also do research abroad through programs such as for example Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides students using the opportunity to combine inquiry-based research with international travel. For a weeks that are few students will stay on-campus and investigate an issue that is global in scope. They then travel to your certain area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on development. This summer, dilemmas Without Passports programs are on offer in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, in order to name several!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the global world with our 20 alumni offices overseas. Lately, we have opened an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we’ve already started to increase brazilian researchers to our collaboration. With over 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only continue to expand its international presence.
It is imperative that our students are exposed to various cultures, in addition to having the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand as we become an increasingly globalized society. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but we are undoubtedly a global place!